Get $500 cash back
Cash in with supreme HVAC efficiency
Install a qualified ground source heat pump and help your customers save big on of one of the most efficienct HVAC technologies available. Along with cash incentives of up to $1,000, they’ll benefit from significantly lower heating and cooling costs. As a program-eligible trade ally, you’ll also earn a cash incentive for this high-efficiency upgrade.
Qualifications and Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Trade Ally Incentive|
|Ground Source Heat Pump Conversion||$500|
Ensure home qualifies:
- Must be existing single family or manufactured home, not new construction
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane system conversions do not qualify
Requirements for ground source heat pump conversion:
- Ground source heat pump must be new, ENERGY STAR® rated and listed on the Qualified Products List at the time of installation
- Previous primary heat source must have been a permanently installed electric resistance heating system (e.g. electric baseboard, electric furnace, or elctric ceiling/wall heat)
- Work must be completed by either a Program-Eligible or Qualified Contractor
- Ground source heat pump must be installed according to specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents so they are received within 180 days of the qualifying service completion date
Required documents for online application submission:
- Completed and signed incentive application
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the most recent tariff filing approved by the Utah Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days' notice. Additional terms and conditions apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
- Provide your customers with accurate and complete incentive application paperwork to ensure uninterrupted processing and swift incentive payment.
- At time of project completion, trade ally should provide customers with:
- completed and signed Trade Ally section of incentive applications
- completed and signed technical worksheet, if applicable
- itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customers through the rest of the incentive application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Point out the customer service hotline as a resource for them, and the 180-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of missing information, assist your customer in securing any trade ally information or documentation.
- Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline incentive processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.