Get $50 cash back
Get ready for summer savings
Beat the summer heat and save with efficient central air conditioning. Earn cash back on central AC systems designed to keep you and your energy bill in a comfortable place. Program-qualified systems are approximately 15 percent more efficient than standard central AC solutions.
Qualifications & Incentives
Equipment Purchases and Services
|Central air conditioner with best practices installation and sizing||$50|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
Requirements for central air conditioners (CAC):
- Minimum 13 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) with proper installation and sizing
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List. Please review our tips for hiring a contactor
- Work must be completed in accordance with the specifications outlined in the Wyoming Technical Specifications Manual
- Equipment must be a new, air source-split system equipment with a matching condensing unit and evaporator coil or packaged unitary air conditioner
- SEER determined by AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) Standard 210/240 and listed in the AHRI Certified Directory of Unitary Equipment: ahridirectory.org
- AHRI Standard Rating Cooling Capacity of 65,000 BTU/hr (5.4 tons) or less
- Equipment must meet airflow requirements of 350 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute)
- Refrigerant charge within +/- 3 degrees of target subcooling
- Equipment must be properly sized per program requirements
- Window air conditioning units, packaged terminal units, and heat pumps are not eligible
Additional program requirements:
- All required documents must be submitted online or postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Equipment must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at [email protected] for details on how to apply
- Central Air Conditioner Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- AHRI certificate
- Manual J or equivalent load calculations
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a complete list of all required documentation. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Wyoming Public Service Commission approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Wyoming Program-Eligible HVAC Contractors List. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor (a contractor with specialized certifications). Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your incentive check. Checks are only payable to the account holder. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your incentive check
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.