Ceiling fans are an optimal way to keep your home comfortable year-round and save money on utility bills.
Operated in the counterclockwise position in the summer, ceiling fans produce a cooling breeze. When operated in the clockwise direction during the winter they move warm air near the ceiling down into your living space. As a result, you can reduce your air conditioner or heating system use without sacrificing comfort.
If you're in the market for a ceiling fan, consider purchasing one that is ENERGY STAR qualified. If your fan does not include lighting and you would like to install it, be sure to choose an ENERGY STAR qualified light kit.
Energy Saving Benefits
- Keep your home more comfortable year-round and reduce energy use by using your heating and cooling system less
- Save money on your electricity bill with ENERGY STAR qualified fan/light combination units that are up to 50 percent more efficient than conventional units
- Save natural resources by using less energy to heat or cool your home
- Avoid greenhouse gas emissions by heating and cooling more efficiently
- $20 customer incentive
- Ceiling fan or ceiling fan light kit must be listed as ENERGY STAR qualified on the ENERGY STAR website at time of purchase
- Incentive may be received for purchasing a ceiling fan with an integrated light kit or separate qualified light kit that can be attached to an existing ceiling fan
- Incentive not to exceed purchase price
- Incentive Application must be received within 90 days of purchase or installation
Please see Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.