Get up to $200 cash back
Help customers save on high-efficiency heat pumps
Score cash back for yourself and your customers when you perform a high-efficiency heat pump conversion or upgrade. Program-qualified heat pumps are up to 20 percent more efficient than older models. With proper selection, installation and maintenance, your customers can gain big savings on heating and cooling costs. Cash incentives are available for heat pump conversions and upgrades, as well as optimizing heat pump performance through commissioning, controls and sizing.
Qualifications and Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Trade Ally Incentive|
|Heat pump upgrade tier 1
(9.0 HSPF, 15 SEER)
|Heat pump upgrade tier 2
(9.5 HSPF, 16 SEER)
|Heat pump conversion tier 1
(9.0 HSPF, 15 SEER)
|Heat pump conversion tier 2
(9.5 HSPF, 16 SEER)
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be existing home, not new construction
- Previous primary heat source must have been a ducted electric heat source that served at least 80% of the home's conditioned living space
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane systems conversions do not qualify
- Manufactured homes do not qualify for heat pump upgrade or heat pump conversion
Requirements for all heat pump installations:
- Tier 1: Minimum 9.0 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor), 15 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio)
- Tier 2: Minimum 9.5 HSPF, 16 SEER
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Trade Ally listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Trade Ally List
- Heat pump must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah HVAC Trade Ally Program Manual
- New heat pump must be a the current primary heat source and must service at least 80% of the home's conditioned living space
- Heat pump must be a new, air-source split or packaged unitary heat pump with an AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) Standard Rating Cooling Capacity of 65,000 BTU/hr (5.4 tons) or less
- Heat pump must be listed on the AHRI Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, contact program for more information).
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Heat pump must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive not to exceed project costs
- Heat Pump Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- AHRI certificate
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
- Provide your customers with accurate and complete incentive application paperwork to ensure uninterrupted processing and swift incentive payment.
- At time of project completion, trade ally should provide customers with:
- completed and signed Trade Ally section of incentive applications
- completed and signed technical worksheet, if applicable
- itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customers through the rest of the incentive application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Point out the customer service hotline as a resource for them, and the 180-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of missing information, assist your customer in securing any trade ally information or documentation.
- Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline incentive processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.