As of April 17, 2017, the incentive for evaporative coolers will be applied as an instant discount at the time of purchase through participating retailers. Trade allies who purchased or completed the installation of a qualifying evaporative cooler on or before April 16, 2017 will need to submit an application within 180 days of the purchase date. Applications can be found at the bottom of this page. For more information please reference this FAQ document or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications and Incentives
The incentive for the evaporative cooler - preimium whole house ducted is no longer offered for work completed on or after January 1, 2017. Applications for work completed on or before December 31, 2016, will be accepted if postmarked within 180 days of purchase. For more information please reference this FAQ document or email email@example.com
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Trade Ally Incentive|
|Evaporative cooler – first time install||$100|
|Evaporative cooler – replacement||$100|
|Evaporative cooler – premium||$150|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
Requirements for all permanent evaporative coolers:
- Minimum of 3,500 CFM
- Evaporative Cooler must be on the Qualified Permanent Evaporative Coolers List at time of installation
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible HVAC Trade Ally listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Trade Ally List or maybe self-installed by the homeowner.
- Evaporative Cooler must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
- Equipment must be new and permanently installed (i.e. window, roof, or attic installations)
- Must use evaporative cooling exclusively
Additional requirements for evaporative cooler - first time install:
- Receipt/Invoice must show proof of additional components (i.e. tubing, supports, hangers, valves, ducting, etc.) were purchased
Additional requirements for evaporative cooler - premium:
- Equipment must use rigid media (a firm, filter-like substance that improves cooling efficiency and air quality)
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Evaporative Cooler must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive not to exceed project costs
- Evaporative Cooler Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
- Provide your customers with accurate and complete incentive application paperwork to ensure uninterrupted processing and swift incentive payment.
- At time of project completion, trade ally should provide customers with:
- completed and signed Trade Ally section of incentive applications
- completed and signed technical worksheet, if applicable
- itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customers through the rest of the incentive application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Point out the customer service hotline as a resource for them, and the 180-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of missing information, assist your customer in securing any trade ally information or documentation.
- Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline incentive processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.
- Incentive Applications
For work completed on or between January 1- April 16, 2017Incentive Application