Effective April 17, 2017, the incentives for central air conditioners have changed. For purchases and/or work completed on or after April 17, 2017, please click the "learn more" button.
Get ready for summer savings
Did you know as much as half of the energy used in a home goes to cooling and heating? Lower cooling costs and save big with wattsmart energy upgrades. wattsmart Homes Heating and Cooling Instant Incentives make it easy for your customers to invest in new equipment and help offset the cost to upgrade to high-efficiency.
If you live along the Wasatch Front, consider enrolling in our Cool Keeper program to ease demand for electricity during the summer. Cool Keeper is a wireless device that connects to your central air conditioning unit. On select weekdays in the summer, it automatically coordinates your air conditioner with participating customers in your neighborhood to manage electricity demand. Installation is free and you earn a bill credit for taking part.
Qualifications and Incentives
For all purchases and/or work completed on or before April 16, 2017, applications will be accepted if postmarked within 180 days of purchase date. For questions or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equipment Purchases and Services
|Central air conditioner tier 1
(Min SEER 15)
|Central air conditioner tier 2
(Min SEER 17)
|Central air conditioner tier 3
(Min SEER 20)
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
How to get incentives
- Between April 17 and June 16, 2017 residential customers who purchase qualifying Central AC equipment from contractors or distributors should submit a post-purchase application. Find the correct application based on the equipment purchase date below.
- Qualifying equipment purchased on or after June 17, 2017 will be paid through the instant incentive process at the point-of-purchase.
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
- Provide your customers with accurate and complete incentive application paperwork to ensure uninterrupted processing and swift incentive payment.
- At time of project completion, trade ally should provide customers with:
- completed and signed Trade Ally section of incentive applications
- completed and signed technical worksheet, if applicable
- itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customers through the rest of the incentive application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Point out the customer service hotline as a resource for them, and the 180-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of missing information, assist your customer in securing any trade ally information or documentation.
- Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline incentive processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.
- Incentive Applications
For work completed on or between April 17 - June 17, 2017
For work completed on or between January 1 - April 16, 2017
For work completed on or between December 1 - December 31, 2016
For work completed on or before November 30, 2016