Get up to $100 cash back
Deliver low-cost cooling with efficient evaporative coolers
Receive huge cash back savings on evaporative coolers. Qualified permanent models use up to 75 percent less energy than central AC, helping your tenants stay cool for less. Plus, they can cost about half as much to purchase as a comparable central AC system.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
Requirements for evaporative cooler:
- Minimum of 2,000 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute)
- Evaporative Cooler must be on the Qualified Portable Evaporative Coolers List or Qualified Permanent Evaporative Coolers List at time of purchase
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractors List or may be self-installed by the homeowner. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Evaporative Cooler must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
- Equipment must be new and permanently installed (i.e. window, roof, or attic installations)
- Must use evaporative cooling exclusively
Additional program requirements:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Incentive not to exceed project costs, self-installed evaporative coolers are eligible for incentives on equipment only
- Contact the program to schedule a pre-inspection and to get the required application documents at email@example.com
- Incentive cannot exceed the project costs
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Multifamily properties featuring five or more attached units and no more than four stories tall are eligible to receive program incentives.
Multifamily property owners must have a landlord account on a qualifying residential rate schedule. You can find your rate schedule on your utility bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Qualifying residential rate schedules:
- Utah: 1, 2 or 3
How to Apply
- Review the information in the Eligibility section of this page and call 1-800-942-0281 or email us to ensure your multifamily property is eligible.
- Pre-inspection of multifamily property
- Once it has been established that the complex is on a qualified residential rate schedule, a pre-qualification inspection will take place.
- Please provide the following required information to initiate a pre-qualification inspection:
- Specific street address or account number
- Complex Name
- Contact at the complex and phone number where they can be reached
- Measures that are being requested to be inspected
- Once this information is received, an inspector will assess the complex to verify whether it qualifies and if it would benefit from our incentive offerings.
- Your contractor will be notified of the status of the inspection. If the complex qualifies for any of the Home Energy Savings program incentives, the contractor will schedule a time with the property manager to complete the work.
Contractor completes energy upgrades:
- The contractor will perform the necessary work for the project to qualify for an incentive. Consult with your contactor to get a clear understanding of the work being performed and how long it will take. Also remember to notify your tenants about the work being done.
Application is submitted:
- Once the work is completed, the contractor submits an application to the Home Energy Savings program.
- All units listed on the application must be verified on the landlord account (units may need to be added if they are not under the landlord account at time of review).
- One itemized invoice detailing the work performed for the property must be submitted.
- A completed W-9 form for the person or entity receiving the incentive check must be submitted along with the application for tax purposes. For changes to account name, contact Business Solutions at 1-866-870-3419.
- In some cases a Third Party Payment Addendum will be required if a landlord account is not set up or if the payment is going to anyone other than the account holder
- Applications cannot be processed if any required documentation is missing.
- The property is then queued for a post-work inspection.
- After receipt of a completed incentive application the program will schedule a post-work inspection to verify all program requirements have been met.
- A minimum of 25 percent of the units that received an energy efficiency upgrade must be inspected
- Tenants should be notified of this post-work inspection beforehand.
Application is processed and check is mailed:
- Checks will be issued for approved applications within six weeks of final processing.
Incentive Application Materials:
- IRS W-9 Forms (for business and non-individual customers receiving incentives)
- Third party payment addendum
Questions? Call 1-800-942-0281 or email us.