Get up to $400 cash back
Cool down your home and your energy bill
Receive huge cash back savings on evaporative coolers. Qualified permanent models use up to 75 percent less energy than central AC to cool the same amount of space. Plus, they can cost about half as much to purchase as a comparable central AC system.
We also offer cash back on portable evaporative coolers that provide a versatile, economical solution to home cooling. These high-efficiency units are easy to move from room to room and consume up to 75 percent less energy than air conditioners.
Qualifications & Incentives
The incentive for the evaporative cooler - preimium whole house ducted will no longer be offered for work completed on or after January 1, 2017. Applications for work completed on or before December 31, 2016, will be accepted if postmarked within 180 days of purchase. For more information please reference this FAQ document or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Equipment Purchases or Services||Customer Incentive|
|Evaporative cooler – portable||$200|
|Evaporative cooler – first time install (permanent)||$300|
|Evaporative cooler – replacement (permanent)||$300|
|Evaporative cooler – premium (permanent)||$400|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
Requirements for evaporative cooler - portable:
- Minimum of 2,000 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute)
- Evaporative Cooler must be on the Qualified Portable Evaporative Coolers List at time of purchase
Requirements for all evaporative coolers - permanent:
- Minimum of 3,500 CFM
- Evaporative Cooler must be on the Qualified Permanent Evaporative Coolers List at time of installation
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List or may be self-installed by the homeowner. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Evaporative Cooler must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
- Equipment must be new and permanently installed (i.e. window, roof, or attic installations)
- Must use evaporative cooling exclusively
Additional requirements for evaporative cooler - first time install:
- Receipt/Invoice must show proof of additional components (i.e. tubing, supports, hangers, valves, ducting, etc.) were purchased
Additional requirements for evaporative cooler - premium:
- Equipment must use rigid media (a firm, filter-like substance that improves cooling efficiency and air quality)
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Evaporative Cooler must be installed within 180 days of purchase
- Incentive not to exceed project costs, self-installed evaporative coolers are eligible for incentives on equipment only
- Evaporative Cooler Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
Evaporative coolers – portable:
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 180 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.
Evaporative coolers – permanent (first time install, replacement, premium and premium whole house ducted):
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 180 days of the service completion date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding trade allies or how to receive your incentive.
- Incentive Applications
For work completed on or after January 1, 2017
For work completed on or between December 1 - December 31, 2016Permanent Evaporative Cooler
Portable Evaporative Cooler
For work completed on or before November 30, 2016Permanent Evaporative Cooler
Portable Evaporative Cooler