Get up to $300 cash back
Get ready for summer savings
Beat the summer heat and save with efficient central air conditioning. Earn cash back on central AC systems designed to keep you and your energy bill in a comfortable place. Program-qualified systems are approximately 15 percent more efficient than standard central AC solutions.
If you live along the Wasatch Front, consider enrolling in our Cool Keeper program to ease demand for electricity during the summer. Cool Keeper is a wireless device that connects to your central air conditioning unit. On select weekdays in the summer, it automatically coordinates your air conditioner with participating customers in your neighborhood to manage electricity demand. Installation is free and you earn a bill credit for taking part.
Qualifications & Incentives
Equipment Purchases and Services
|Central air conditioner tier 1
(Min SEER 15)
|Central air conditioner tier 2
(Min SEER 17)
|Central air conditioner tier 3
(Min SEER 20)
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Must be electrically cooled with a central air conditioner serving at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned floor area
Requirements for all central air conditioners (CAC):
- Tier 1: Minimum 15 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio)
- Tier 2: Minimum 17 SEER
- Tier 3 : Minimum 20 SEER
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- CAC must be a new, air source-split system equipment with a matching condensing unit and evaporator coil or packaged unitary air conditioner
- SEER determined by AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) Standard 210/240 and listed in the AHRI Certified Directory of Unitary Equipment: ahridirectory.org
- AHRI Standard Rating Cooling Capacity of 65,000 BTU/hr ( 5.4 tons) or less
- Window air conditioning units, packaged terminal units, and heat pumps are not eligible
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, contact program for more information).
Additional program requirements:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- CAC must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs
- Central Air Conditioner and Gas Furnace Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- AHRI certificate
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Utah Public Service Commission approval and may change with 45 days' notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 180 days of the service completion date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding trade allies or how to receive your incentive.