Get up to $200 cash back
Get ready for summer savings
Beat the summer heat and save with efficient central air conditioning. Earn cash back on central AC systems designed to keep you and your energy bill in a comfortable place. Program-qualified systems are approximately 15 percent more efficient than standard central AC solutions.
If you live along the Wasatch Front, consider enrolling in our Cool Keeper program to ease demand for electricity during the summer. Cool Keeper is a wireless device that connects to your central air conditioning unit. On select weekdays in the summer, it automatically coordinates your air conditioner with participating customers in your neighborhood to manage electricity demand. Installation is free and you earn a bill credit for taking part.
Qualifications & Incentives
Equipment Purchases and Services
|Central air conditioner tier 1
(Min SEER 15)
|Central air conditioner tier 2
(Min SEER 17)
|Central air conditioner tier 3
(Min SEER 20)
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
Requirements for all central air conditioners (CAC):
- Tier 1: Minimum 15 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio)
- Tier 2: Minimum 17 SEER
- Tier 3: Minimum 20 SEER
- Must be electrically cooled with a central air conditioner serving at least 80% of the home's conditioned floor area
- Equipment must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- CAC must be a new, air source-split system equipment with a matching condensing unit and evaporator coil or packaged unitary air conditioner
- SEER determined by AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) Standard 210/240 and listed in the AHRI Certified Directory of Unitary Equipment: ahridirectory.org
- AHRI Standard Rating Cooling Capacity of 65,000 BTU/hr ( 5.4 tons) or less
- Window air conditioning units, packaged terminal units, and heat pumps are not eligible
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, contact program for more information).
Additional program requirements:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Equipment must be installed within 180 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs
- Central Air Conditioner and Gas Furnace Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- AHRI certificate
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be submitted online or postmarked within 180 days of the service completion date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding trade allies or how to receive your incentive.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 180 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.