Get up to $200 cash back
Warm up to a high-efficiency gas furnace
Every furnace eventually runs its course. Performance drops, it takes forever to heat up, and then there are those mysterious banging noises. Upgrade to a qualified high-efficiency gas furnace and receive up to $200 cash back on a superior replacement that will save you energy and money.
Qualified furnaces must be 95 percent Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) or higher with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM). These furnaces deliver efficient heating and cooling with even distribution, improved comfort, reduced temperature fluctuation and quiet operation.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|95% Gas Furnace with ECM||$200|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be existing home, not new construction
- Work must comply with all building codes and standards
Requirements for gas furnace:
- New gas furnace must be a 95% annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) furnace with electronically commutated motor (ECM)
- Work must be completed by either a Program-Eligible or Qualified Contractor
- Home must be electrically cooled with a central air conditioner serving at least 80 percent of the home’s
conditioned floor area
- Combined supply and return static pressure needs to be between 0.35-0.65 WCI (87-162 Pascal) on the highest heating or cooling fan speed setting upon installation
- All physically accessible ducts should be fully connected
- All duct connections at the furnace must be sealed
- Equipment must be installed according to specifications as outlined in the Idaho Technical Specifications Manual
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, subject to program approval)
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Gas furnace must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed the total cost of the project
- Gas Furnace Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- AHRI certificate
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives are subject to Idaho Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Idaho Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the purchase or completed installation. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.