Get up to $150 cash back
Cool your home and your energy bill
Receive big cash back savings on evaporative coolers. Qualified permanent models use up to 75 percent less energy than central AC to cool the same amount of space. Plus, they can cost about half as much to purchase as a comparable central AC system.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Tier 1 Evaporative Cooler||$75|
|Tier 2 Evaporative Cooler||$150|
Ensure home qualifies
- Incentive available for existing and new homes
Requirements for evaporative cooler:
- Tier 1: 2,000 - 3,499 cubic feet per minute (CFM)
- Tier 2: Minimum of 3,500 cubic feet per minute (CFM)
- Unit may be installed by customer or by a Participating or Qualified Contractor (contractor installation is recommended)
- Equipment must be new and be permanently installed
- Equipment must be first time install and not a replacement for previous evaporative cooler
- Must be the primary cooling source for the home serving at least 80% of the conditioned living area
- Equipment must be installed according to specifications outlined in the Idaho Technical Specifications Manual
Additional program rules:
- Submit online or mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Equipment must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Self-installed evaporative coolers are eligible for incentives on equipment only
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to apply
- Appliance Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- AHRI certificate
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives are subject to Idaho Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status online. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.