Get up to $400 cash back
Don’t let energy slip through the cracks
Be wattsmart and save on duct sealing and duct insulation. When energy is lost through duct surfaces, heating and cooling equipment has to work harder to make up for the loss. As a result, you could be spending too much money to maintain comfort. Duct sealing and duct insulation can cut those heating and cooling costs by 20 percent.
Qualifications & Incentives
Equipment Purchases and Services
Duct sealing and duct insulation
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Home must have a ducted electric heating system or heat pump serving 80% of the home’s conditioned floor area
Requirements for both measures:
- Work must be completed by either a Participating or Qualified Contractor
- All physically accessible ducts located in unconditioned space must be sealed according to the program requirements listed in the Idaho Technical Specifications Manual
- Minimum of 10 linear feet of exposed ductwork in an unconditioned space to qualify
Additional requirements for duct sealing and duct insulation:
Pre-existing duct insulation levels R-2 or less
Duct work must be insulated to R-8 or greater
Both services must be performed at the same time with insulation installed after the ducts are sealed
Incentives are limited to one duct sealing and duct insulation incentive per duct system for the lifetime of the home
Additional requirements for duct sealing (stand-alone)
- Pre-existing duct insulation levels R-2 or greater
Additional program requirements:
- Incentive amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project
- Equipment must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- All required documentation must be postmarked within 90 days of completion of the qualifying product or service purchase
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at email@example.com for details on how to apply
- Duct Sealing and Duct Insulation Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, is applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives are subject to Idaho Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Idaho Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the purchase or completed installation. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.