Install a program qualified heat pump water heater and get $150 cash back.
Get with the program! Save energy and money by purchasing a heat pump water heater.
Program qualified heat pump water heaters can save the average household up to $100 per year on its electric bills compared to a standard electric water heater. With proper model selection, installation and maintenance, you can gain big cost savings with a program qualified model.
- Incentive Application
- Participating & Qualified Program Contractors
- Hiring a Contractor
- Eligible Customers
Energy Saving Benefits
- Save money by using less energy to heat the water in your home
- Can significantly cut water heating costs
- Promote clean air by using less energy
- Avoid harmful greenhouse gas emissions by using less energy
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Washington Participating and Qualified Program Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Program Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive application and required documents must be received within 90 days of the work completed date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Equipment Purchases and Services
|Heat pump water heater||$150||$100|
- Incentives are available for existing homes only.
- Incentive amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project.
- All required documentation must be submitted within 90 days of the work completed date.
- Additional incentive-specific qualifications and required documentation are listed below.
- Work must be completed by either a Participating Program Contractor or Qualified Program Contractor
- Equipment must meet NEEA Northern Climate Specification (list of qualified products is available on the Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance website – neea.org/northernclimatespec)
- Previous water heater must be an electric water heater
- Required documents include:
- Completed and signed incentive application
- Itemized receipt/contractor invoice (see incentive application for invoice requirements)
- Proof of payment (review the program-accepted proof of payment options)
- Completed and signed Heat Pump Water Heater Installation worksheet
- For multifamily applications only: Completed and signed W-9