Save energy and water, and get cash back for purchasing qualifying energy-efficient washers!
Program qualified clothes washers can reduce energy and water use by 40 percent compared to a conventional machine. Energy-efficient clothes washers extract more water during the spin cycle, reducing energy use for drying and wear and tear on your clothes so they last longer. If it's time to replace your clothes washer, the following links offer more information.
- Incentive Application
- Solicitud de Incentivo (Spanish version)
- Qualified Clothes Washers
- Eligible Customers
Energy Saving Benefits
- Qualified models use 40 percent less energy
- Protect natural resources by saving gallons of water each year
- Avoid harmful greenhouse gas emissions by using less energy for every load
$50 customer incentive
- Unit must be on the Qualified Clothes Washer list at time of purchase
- Unit must have a Modified Energy Factor, or MEF, of 2.46 or higher and Water Factor, or WF, of equal or less than 4.0
- Incentive Application must be received within 90 days of purchase or installation.
To determine the Modified Energy Factor, or MEF, visit ENERGYSTAR.gov. Please see Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives are subject to Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.